Twins is a full time job, I will definitely say that. The hardest part about the first months was breastfeeding. They were pokey eaters, and I struggled to meet their demand. I pumped after every feeding for the first 4 months, and now am finally slowing down on that to give myself a break. At almost 5 months now they still have yet to both consistently sleep through the night. Jocelyn is the better sleeper. Jackson is just a momma’s boy. Their cries have definitely changed now, but at first Jackson’s had the underlying dialogue of “Mom, I’m just really sad can you please pick me up”, and Jocelyn’s was “I’m dying and I need you to get me RIGHT NOW!!!!” There was a clear winner for whose cry I would rather hear, but now that they are older, I’d say they are both pretty demanding in their cries.
I wouldn’t trade a minute of what I do every day for any other job. These babies are the best thing that could ever possibly happen to us, and though life has totally changed, it is so much for the better. Austin is an excellent husband and father, and still manages to stay afloat in his ridiculously difficult dental classes whilst being awoken several times a night by crying babies. Some milestones I just had to document:
12/01/11: Jocelyn rolled over from belly to back. We didn’t try again for about a week and a half, but then she did it again and again!
12/28/11: Jackson finally rolled over from belly to back while we were in El Dorado Hills, CA for Christmas.
12/11: Sometime in December they both started smiling. It was so very cute and rewarding. Jackson smiled a little bit more at first, but now at 5 months they are pretty even.
2/12: They both started grabbing at their toys on the playmat. Awesome.
3/12: The ultimate extended laughing out loud from Jocelyn. CUTEST THING EVER.
Thank goodness they both sleep through the night! It is fun to see the differences in temperaments! Can't wait to see more pictures : )
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately they don't sleep through the night yet actually...I guess that was confusing cause I said they "have yet" to sleep through the night :) Miss you lots Chrissy!
DeleteLove! Love!! Love!! the posts :D I am soooo grateful for the updates and the photos of your wonderful and beautiful family. Kiss those magnificent little darlings for me!
ReplyDeleteLove this! I'm sure twins can be twice as hard (or harder!) but are also twice as rewarding. I have no doubt about how lucky those sweet babies are to have you as their mommy!
ReplyDelete