The babies have officially passed their 6 month mark. Crazy pants. 2 weeks prior to this celebratory occasion we started solid foods. Jocelyn is a champ I must say. First day of rice cereal she ate her and Jackson's portions. Jackson thinks eating is a game and smiles every time I try to put food in his mouth, and so it just falls out and I'm constantly trying to pick it up and put it back in his mouth. I call this experience the Niagara Falls. Since then, we have proceeded to try green beans (which Jackson hated at first, but Jocelyn loved and ate the whole jar by herself on the first day trying them), and sweet peas. Jackson has gotten better, but Jocelyn continues to out-eat him by a mile. It's amazing how the tides have turned. At first Jocelyn was the pokey eater and now here she is eating her meal faster than I can eat mine! At their 6 month appointment we discovered they are still almost exactly 3 pounds apart (they've been this way since 2 months). Jackson is in the 50th percentile at a whopping 17 lbs 10.5 oz and Jocelyn is in the 25th percentile at 14 lbs 12 oz. Try carrying those two car seats around! I do. It is getting very heavy and I get lots of compliments but mostly stares because it is really a marvel that my twiggy arms can do that.
A few days ago Jackson surprised us by rolling onto his belly from his back! What an exciting milestone, though he hasn't figured out that it is possible for him to roll onto his back again if he is uncomfortable on his belly. He just nuzzles his face in the ground and cries out in frustration until I come and flip him back. Jocelyn is still working on it, but she loves sleeping on her side which is so cute. Jocelyn also loves grabbing both her feet at the same time whenever you lay her on her back. This is ultimate cuteness as she always smiles and giggles at the same time, but it makes wrapping her in a blanket very difficult. When I lay her down at night I have to be speedy gonzalez with the blanket wrapping or she'll have her toes and refuse to let go and then she won't have a blanket on her. Sometimes I just lay the blanket on her little feetsies in hope that when she puts them down the blanket will be on her body.
Jackson has also discovered his soprano voice. He talks in this really high pitched sing-songy voice. Once after he had woken up in the middle of the night (waking Jocelyn up in the process), Jackson did his sing-songy talking for a good 15 minutes. Jocelyn was grumpy and wanted to get back to sleep and so would grunt back at him. It was the cutest little conversation I have ever heard. They have definitely started recognizes each other a lot more and like being by each other. When they are on the play-mat together, they hold or suck each others hands or look at each other. Yesterday, they were both on their sides looking at each other, and Jocelyn had a cough and whenever she would cough, Jackson would laugh, and then she would smile, and then cough again. What a darling little interaction.
Another little funny thing is that Jocelyn has inherited her daddy's ability to twist her tongue and she loves to do it all time! She is always twisting her tongue to one side or the other, and also loves to just stick out her tongue and leave it there. SO CUTE.
I just love my little babies! I think it has gotten easier as the months have progressed. They are so fun to play with, and can't crawl yet and get into stuff so I feel like this is a prime age that I want to capture every moment of! I feel so blessed to be the mother of these two little wonders.
Oh my gosh, I LOVE the tongue-sticking-out phase. Robyn is right there now, and it's stinkin' cute.
ReplyDeleteRobyn hasn't yet rolled from back to front, and though she can and has gone from front to back, she won't. Like Jackson, she just buries her head and cries until I flip her. I hate to keep flipping her, because I want her to do it on her own, but she just doesn't.