I can’t believe the twins are 1! Months 0-6 really did feel
like 6 months, but months 6-12 flew by. I love playing with my kiddos and they
get more fun to be with day by day. They have become increasingly clingy, to
the point where Austin has a hard time putting them to bed by himself, until I
come in and give them a goodnight kiss and hold them for a minute. They crawl
all over me when I sit on the floor with them, and they also crawl all over
each other. Both of them are little curious kiddos, especially Jackson.
Whenever they are getting into some sort of shenanigans, Austin or I come up
behind them saying “fee-fi-fo-fum” and they squeal and start crawling away
really fast until we catch them and they explode into giggles. Both are
cruising, walking pushing objects along the floor (notably chairs, boxes, and
the musical table), and of course crawling like experts. Jackson took his first
steps on October 20th by himself, and still until now November 13th,
he has only taken about 7 steps in a row. He is just taking his sweet old time
walking. Jocelyn first officially pulled herself up to standing on October 7,
and has since caught up with Jackson in every way except she is a little
nervous to stand on her own, something that Jackson can do for 20+ seconds at a
time.
1 year stats: Jackson 23 lbs. 3 oz., 29 ¾ in.
Jocelyn 20 lbs. 3 oz., 29 ½ in.
Funny things that have happened in the recent past:
While being babysat at the Call’s
house, Jackson got into the toilet. Matt Call described him as “splashing
around just like it was the bathtub” and he of course got soaked. He was given
a bath and when I came to pick them up, Matt called Jackson a “little terror”
and Jocelyn a “little princess”. Basically still describes them at age 1.
I was on the phone with Maggie, and
I hear crying. Go over and Jackson had thrown his sippy cup on top of Jocelyn’s
head and she had milk coming down her face. I resolved the situation and went
back to my conversation. Not even two minutes later I hear crying and find
Jocelyn wedged on her stomach under our little musical table, and Jackson is
pushing her and the table across the hardwood floor. Oh the little munchkins.
Jackson has recently started
throwing temper tantrums when I take him away from out of bounds places, most notably
the dishwasher, the pantry, and the trashcan. He throws his head back and kicks
his legs. He feels a lot heavier when he is doing these things.
I was sitting on the floor today
playing ball with Jocelyn and she was laughing so hard she started doing a
silent laugh. When she laughs really hard it is kind of a low-pitched laugh
that is gutsy and hysterical to listen to. When it escalates it gets silent and
then explodes into a bunch of tiny giggles. She gets amused at the littlest
things.
We went to a couple Halloween
parties, and the kids kept on their costumes for a total of probably 5 minutes.
At our ward party the kids were presents, wrapped in bows, I was a Christmas
tree, and Austin was an Elvis Santa. At another party we were crayons all dressed
in a solid color with paper accessories to make us look more crayony. Paper
does not last on children. For the CADA party we were the recycle family.
Austin made the cutest costumes out of cereal boxes for the kids. They were
adorable, but then started eating the boxes, and that’s when they had to go.
Austin loves wiggling Jocelyn’s
chin and she makes noises so she sounds like “wa-wa-wa-wa-wa” (hard to explain
but really funny). Jocelyn is also an expert at imitating buzzing lips,
flicking lips (with your fingers while making noises), and recently Austin was
rolling his tongue (like the Spanish ‘rr’) and she rolled her tongue too! She
is one talented lady. I think we also recorded that at a very early age,
probably 2 months, she was twisting her tongue both ways in her mouth.
Jocelyn is very much a morning
person, and Jackson is definitely not. Jocelyn still wakes up at 5 am and is
chipper as a summer morning. Jackson sleeps until 6:30 or 7, and even goes down
for his morning nap earlier than Jocelyn (around 8:30). Jackson also takes much
longer than Jocelyn to wake up from his naps. Sometimes it takes up to 30
minutes for him to calm down after he’s woken up and be ok playing by
himself/with Jocelyn on the floor. It’s not that he hasn’t slept enough, because
this happens even after he’s taken 2-3 hour naps.
I love our little munchkins. They
love each other too despite all the sharing issues we have in our house. Both
are guilty of taking the other ones’ toys, but Jocelyn handles it much better
when she is stolen from. She just waits till the opportune moment and steals it
back whereas Jackson explodes into hysterical crying and gets really mad. It’s
been a wonderful, albeit tiring, experience being a mother of twins. I could go
on and on about the adorable moments I witness everyday.
Too cute Lacey. Can't wait to meet them... How are we going to make that happen?!?!? I can almost 'hear' the giggles, and the crying ~ they grow so fast. And I'd say 'terror' and 'princess' sounds about right for 1 year olds. I'm sure on occasion they reverse roles as well :D Hugs to all of you! Aunt Kelly
ReplyDeletecute blog!! ow Lacey, I can only imagine the adventures that happen with these 2 little precious, they are sooooo cute; Happy 1st Birthday to them!!!
ReplyDeleteI remember vividly of you helping me with MY babies during school, and holding my girls.. I thought to myself "Lacey is going to be a wonderful Mother, just by the way you looked and talked to them". I am so happy for you guys that you are having this chance to be parents of two little ones that I'm sure fill your lives with joy and happiness! I saw Amy yesterday, it was so nice to see her! and she told me how cute and big they are =) Miss you talented girl! lots of love, Phoenix.