Thursday, June 30, 2011
We're having twins! One boy and One girl!
Well we had our 20 week routine ultrasound last week Friday (June 24th), and it turned out to be anything but routine! We had expected to just find out the gender of our baby, but when the nurse said "well, there's one head, and there's another" I was totally shocked! I instantly burst into tears out of shock and motherly hormones and my first words I think were "shut up, shut up, you're joking" and Austin jumped up and looked at the screen and took off his hat and was like "what! no way!". He broke into a huge smile and as I was still crying we took in the news that we were in reality having twins. There were two distinct heads in there, as well as two placenta's, two amniotic fluids, etc. We're having fraternal twins we discovered, and we first discovered one of them is a boy. Austin jumped up and said "Yes! We get to play football, and basketball, and volleyball, and baseball!" The nurse could tell he was a little excited that he got the boy he so wanted. We were so excited when we discovered our second little one is a girl! Both are healthy and have 4 chambers in their hearts, perfect sized brains, and everything else. Our goal now is to keep them that way! Right now our little boy is 1 day ahead of schedule at 11 oz, and our girl is 2 days behind schedule at 10 oz, both of which are totally normal. The average for one baby at 20 weeks is 10.5 ounces, so they are perfect! Right now we are just getting used to the fact of twins, and I'm trying to eat and rest for 3 now! Things are going great and we couldn't be happier!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh my little lacey loodle!!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch exciting news. Hope you continue to feel so terrific!
ReplyDelete